Torpedoes (Fillers) for Top Entry Filters
HD process provide foodgrade torpedoes (aka Fillers or Balloons) for top entry bag filters (sizes #1 and #2) off the shelf.
These torpedoes are provided to;
- Reduce the retained hold-up volume
- reduce the total hold-up weight for an operator removing the bag
- enable the bag to stay in position in the event the filter is back flushed. Back flushing can occur intentionally (being pumped reverse) but also unintentionally – e.g. when filling a tank unless of valve is closed exactly on time the flow may reverse through the filter.
- #2 filters have inferred hold-up volume of approximately 17 L without torpedo (a torpedo reduces this number to around 7L)
- #1 filters have inferred hold-up volume of approximately 8L without torpedo (a torpedo reduces this number to around 3L)